Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Beginnings: Shores, Refuge, Family


This is really exciting for me to write because I’ve been praying about this for a long time AND I’m finally ready move forward with everything. As most of you know I’ve been serving in Brazil with the amazing Shores of Grace team, who I now call family. Since working with them I’ve learned so much, on and off the streets. It’s been exciting and fun to see the impact we’ve had, and are having, on so many peoples lives by being the heart of our Father. I will never forget all the life-changing experiences I went through being in Brazil with SoG. Brazil will always feel like a second home to me; the country just grew on me and my heart forever. 

That being said, after much prayer and talking with Nic and Rachael, I’ve decided, after my stay here this time, I will come home and start opening rescue homes in the states. I am very excited about the direction God is taking me. Sad, of course, about leaving Brazil and knowing I wont be here on a daily basis working alongside some of the most amazing people I know, but I know great things are about to unfold for me in the states too :)

This is what being back home will look for me, kinda.....

F.A.M.I.L.Y- My priority is my family. As most of you know, my family and I are really,REALLY close, so just being with them and around them is going to be such a beautiful thing and blessing. I need them and from what they tell me, I think they need me around some too ;) One of my cousins, Cassie, is running after her dreams right now. She just graduated from Otterbein in May and has already started her own care services business. She’s amazing, and I’m so proud of her, I can only imagine how things are going to be when I get home. In my heart I know we’ll be working together in living our dreams, all of us will. So, I’m really excited about getting back so that we can all feed off of each other and live life together, changing the world :) Here’s a link to Cassie’s business, Please check it out, you might need her assistance someday :) http://www.cassiescardinals.com

R.E.F.U.G.E- For years, Ked and Michelle Frank have continually poured into my life, and I am forever grateful for them. We have always talked and dreamed about this simple phrase, “one day we’ll work together.” Well, that day has come. Yup, it’s true, I’ll be starting a Refuge for Women in the Columbus area with the help of Tracy Burleson and many others :) I’m tearing up, sitting here typing this out to you. Gods calling on my life is so much bigger than I even know, and opening this home is a part of that. I’m ecstatic about it! My entire being gets filled up with so much passion about opening this home. There have been many others that God is calling on to step up and help out to end this injustice. I’m amazed at how many people already want to help and get involved, it’s exciting! Of course, everything is still lining up, but I did get Ked’s permission to share with you about the opening of another Refuge. Even now we’re starting to move forward in some areas, THIS IS EXCITING!! Please pray as we start to prepare and plan for it :)
You can visit the Refuge website at www.refugeforwomen.org 

S.H.O.R.E.S- From the beginning, Nic and Rach have always told me that I’m stuck with them forever. Well, I consider that as a blessing, because I forever want to be a part of what they’re doing. Again, the tears come. I cannot express to you in words how appreciative I am for the both of them and what I’ve learned from living with them in Brazil. They are an amazing example of what God’s love for His children looks like. In our conversation about my future, we’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll continue my admin work in the States, AND that someday, I’ll open a Project Bethany house in the U.S. Recently we read an article from FOXnews talking about another pornography bust that recently happened, and most victims were from the United States. This has awaken my spirit even more for these rescue homes and the need for people to step up and fight against this injustice. Here’s a the link to the full article, it was published August 4, 2012. I know it’s a lengthy article, but please take the time to read it. In return, it’ll spark a fight in you that you wont be able to ignore and want to do something, to help somewhere to help stop this injustice. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/08/04/stuffed-toy-bunny-helps-uncover-alleged-international-child-porn-network/?test=latestnews
You can visit the Shores website at www.shoresofgrace.com

2 comments:

  1. NO ONE is more equiped, passionate, and called to this ministry more that YOU! Isnt it soo amazing that our God could line up Evereything in your life For Such a Time As This!! Ked, Michelle, Cassie, Tracey... a pretty impressive backing!! I love you girl and I am SO proud of what you Are, what you do, and what you are going to do!! This news made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Monica! First thank you so much for reading and second I really really love hearing from you :) Thank you so much for saying all those kind words! I'm so encouraged by you! AND I can't wait to come see you guys as soon as I get back! Love you and your family so much!

    ReplyDelete