Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kentucky week at RFW

This past week I have been in Lexington, KY. I'm here getting hands on, working at the Lexington Refuge for Women house. Since I've been here, I've laughed, cried, had frustrating days along with rewarding days. God never said ministry was easy ;) I continue to be amazed by each of the Refuge women, there are ups and there are downs, but at the end of the day, they are here to get their healing and find a way to dream again. As I'm writing this now, three of the women are down in God's word together. This week I've seen them raise their hands in worship, help each other with their worries and cheer each other on. Now, don't get my wrong, but with a house full of girls (8) there's going to be drama, but that's just another way to all grow together.
In my heart, I've had this passion to serve these women, little did I know, God was ready to do more. The more I spent time with each of them, the more I was blessed to see into their hearts, their hurts and pains. It's not something I asked for, like many, these women don't put their trust in just anyone, with reason. However, this, what I like to call, miracle happens, and the more I'm around, the more these women say, "Ms Becky, can I talk to you?, Ms Becky, can you pray with me?, Ms Becky, I want what you carry." WOW!! To say the least God is at work.
My first night staying the night with the girls in the farm house, I couldn't get to sleep right away. My heart was fluttering too fast. I couldn't figure it out, other than, my love for each other of these women has grown. I believe in each one of their victories and I want to be by their side to help them back up when they fall. They forever have a place in my heart, they're stuck with me and I'm stuck with them. It's a good kind of stuck though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment