Thursday, September 10, 2009

My first days at Global

WOW!! So my first reaction is I can't believe I get to experience this everyday. I wake up, go to school around 8, from 8 to 8:30 we have a soaking time, Bible reading, etc. then we go into testimonies, worship is after that and it's amazing!! After worship are the teachings. This week has been a little different. We have just done orientation, but we'll get on a regular schedule next week or whenever.
So today we experienced the fire tunnel for the first time and that pretty much wrecked all of us! The Lord is so good!! He honestly loves us wherever we're at!
So far I have not found a job yet, but still hunting for one :) There are some different volunteer opportunities that I have looking into, and will share that with you when I have more details about that, but wait until you hear where God is putting me, yeah, let's just say I've been kicking and little bit, BUT at the same time I know this is where he wants me.
We were able to choose our teams that we'll be working with today, so I'll be excited to start and see how the Lord uses me in that :)
My apt. is little BUT homey and SO cute! It's above a barber shop, kinda interesting! The first day my dad was here he found a marijuana plant outside my door hahaha so that was a great start to the new place ;)
I've found my husband already!!!! (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SIKE!! JUST KIDDING!!!) (That was for my mom and Jason)
OK, SO! My roommate is amazing!! Not even kidding, God has truly blessed me with her!! We are already comfortable with talking with each other! We share most of the same interests and it's easy to talk about whatever with her! So yeah we get along great!! Her name is Lauren, so you can be praying for her too :)
Anyways! I love you all, thanks for the prayer and support!! I'll write again soon! Emails are great too, I love them :)
Have a great week and yeah, love you long time :)
Beck!

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    It is good to hear that your first week of school is going great! I can't wait to hear more about what is going on with you and where the Lord is going to take you during this time at school!

    ReplyDelete