I think days go slower here, however, I can't believe it's already almost been 2 weeks!!
The weather is gorgeous, but it rains/storms at least once a day. I've been able to walk/run everyday, which has been really great! It's a time that I can get away for a little while and just walk in peace and do a lot (a lot) of thinking. Aside from walks I've been getting more "Jesus Time" in than I ever have before, this makes me so happy, and what better place to be in His presence than on a farm surrounded by mountains.
Yesterday we took a drive to a lake, it was a great time seeing more of Brasil and interacting with the culture. Coming home from the lake we drove through the mountains and passed many parks and markets along the way. We didn't get to stop this time to look around, but I'm looking forward to going back, it was gorgeous!
Things have been going very well for me and the Shores of Grace team. We are getting ready for the Global School of Ministry- Brasil to start this week, so we have been busy getting everything ready for that. Because we have been so busy, we have not been able to go on the streets or visit the favelas, so after school gets started we will head to the streets, at least one night this week.
I've been pretty daring here so far with trying different foods, so far I've tried Ostrich and a Chicken Heart. I didn't like either of them, but was glad I tried!! We also have 2 bats living in the base with us now, my roommate calls one of them Annabel. She actually has made it to our room and in fact, just came out to say hello again. I've gotten to know her, so she doesn't freak me out anymore, haha.
Thank you for praying and being apart of my ministry here in Brasil!! My mind still can't wrap around what God is doing here and all that's to come, but I'm excited!!
Bless your week!!
Much Love!!
Becky
Praying for you everyday. Let us know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Ken and Amy
fantastic
ReplyDelete