"Lots of Rain" I came in Curitiba's rainy season, so it will be sunny, then we'll experience a downpour, like I did on my walk this morning. For 15 years I've wanted to play in the rain, well I got to today in Brazil and it was perfect!!
Brazil is so different. My first night was a little overwhelming, BUT when I woke up the this morning, I had peace and my spirit was so happy. The first couple of days here will be total rest and getting acclimated. This morning I woke up refreshed and with a gorgeous view of our farm land and the mountains in the distance, amazing!! Then Kate and I went on a walk throughout the country side and it was eye opening to a whole new world. Although, we do have some corn growing beside our land so that makes it feel a little more like home :)
Tonight we ate spaghetti with a mystery meat in it (haha) with rice. It was a little different, but ok. I am learning a lot about the dos and don'ts of Brazil, so that's fun. Also, I am learning some portuguese words, I really can't wait to start the portuguese classes!!
OK well feel free to email me questions or comment on here!! I'm kind of feeling at home and comfortable today, but I also realize that I'm in the "honeymoon" stage of living in a different culture.. So we'll see how long it lasts :)
God is so good, and I am so blessed to finally be here :)
Eu te Amo (I Love You)
orando por você irmã.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you made it there and are getting settled in. When we heard about all the flooding down there we said extra prayers for you and all the people there that were affected by the flooding. Take care and we will be following your blog! Jim & Cathy
ReplyDeleteThinking about you, Beck! So proud of you!! and so happy that I can follow your exciting adventures via the blog. Love you!
ReplyDelete