Picture: Kate and I thinking that maybe this creature is a really big rat, however we could be wrong.
The GSMB (Global School of Ministries- Brasil) has officially started. The students are really excited to be here with us and are ready to experience what more God has for them.
For the first time in my life I walked on the streets of Curitiba, Brasil with a mission. I can be honest and say to you, that I didn’t know exactly what God was going to do through me. In the States, I would talk about what I was going to do in Brasil, and my heart would go out to the prostitutes, but I didn’t realize the depth God was going to take me. Even before I stepped onto the streets, the Lord started breaking my heart. But let me tell you, the second I stepped foot on the streets and saw the first prostitute, the whole world stood still. In slow motion, I stepped out of the car and was walking into the Fathers footprints and knew this is exactly where I’m supposed to be. I started weeping and couldn’t contain what my heart was feeling. The Lord has broken my heart so much more than I could ever imagine (it’s hard to explain the hurt I was feeling). After experiencing walking with Jesus on the streets on Curitiba with the prostitutes, I will never be the same again. I am so honored that God would choose me “for such a time as this.”
Later on in the week we headed back to the streets, this time we had our hands full with bags that were filled with a sandwich, chips, chocolate, and water. Our mission was geared towards the poor, but that didn't stop us from sharing the Father's Love with some of the prostitutes we passed along the way. Walking along the streets and in the parks, we passed many homeless people. It was so sad to see them (some families), but at the same time, I was glad we had something to give them. I'm going to be honest, I felt guilty not taking action before. It's so simple to make up sandwiches and take them to the poor. Again, my heart has been forever changed. I know it's sad that I had to come to another country to really open eyes to more, but I know this is where God has me right now, and I'm so grateful to learn and take in all that He has for me while I'm here.
Portuguese classes will start this week!! I cannot wait to know the language, it's so different living in a culture where you can't just communicate with anyone.
The weather has been amazing here!! Not too hot, still raining at least once a day, but you get used to that. Sorry for all of you who are in the snowwwww!!! ;) Thinking of you!
Please be praying for our team as we take on these next couple of weeks, there seems to be a lot of change heading our way.
Have a beautiful Sunday and upcoming week! Bless You!
It hit me hard when you said, "I felt guilty not taking action before. It's so simple to make up sandwiches and take them to the poor. Again, my heart has been forever changed. I know it's sad that I had to come to another country to really open eyes to more, but I know this is where God has me right now, and I'm so grateful to learn and take in all that He has for me while I'm here." Thank you for another glimpse into your life there. You have challenged me to do more. I know the people I'm called to, and I need/want to step it up. I continue to pray for God's glory to show up on the streets of Curitiba! That He will use you to set people free, for your protection and that you will constantly be filled and consumed with His love for you!!! You're His favorite :) love you my friend!!! <3
ReplyDeletePraying for you!
ReplyDelete