For the first time I went to the movies this past weekend. American movies here are played in english with portuguese subtitles. So at times I was the only one laughing, but that was ok :) I went by myself, so not only was it my first experience in a brazilian movie theatre, BUT it was the first time I was by myself out in public too. With some help, I ordered my own popcorn too- in portuguese!!
Also on our time off we went to the beach. It was gorgeous and it was just what I needed. It was a beautiful drive through the mountains, then being at the beach really topped our time off.
In the upcoming weeks we will be taking some of the prostitutes out to dinner for the evening. Instead of heading out onto the streets and talking with a lot of them, we will go out with the approach to ask a couple of them to dinner. I can not wait for this night, so I will be keeping you updated on how everything goes. God has given us so much favor with the prostitutes when we've been talking to them on the streets, so moving forward and asking them to dinner is taking a step forward. Eventually we want to have banquets in their honor. That will take a little more time putting together, but again, I will keep you updated.
Do you want to know what's crazy?? I started looking at airline tickets tonight to come home. I can't believe it's March already!!
Ok well this is just a "fun" event update!! Hope all is well :)
Beck

No comments:
Post a Comment