Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beautiful days, Beautiful people

For the past month there have been moments of indescribable joy, but there have also been times that were huge tests of faith. 
I am happy to say that we have had a lot of favor on the streets of Curitiba. A couple of weeks ago every escort, prostitute, or transvestite that we talked to gave us their phone number and asked to hang out with us. We scheduled times to get together and the dates were set. The Shores of Grace team and I were ecstatic that just after being on the streets for a couple of months, we were already seeing fruit. Well, the week came that we had all of our scheduled meeting times, AND Rachael (Nic’s wife) has Cássia!! Cássia is so beautiful and perfect. Rachael is now too, the Doctor tells her “you’re a miracle.” There were some difficulties during birth and we almost lost her. BUT, God is so good and everyone is great now :) Cássia is spoiled already and we all love her. So, welcome Cássia!!
This week we headed back out onto the streets and are going with full force to pick up where we left off. Can I tell you something incredible? Our friends that we’ve met are starting to call us. They are calling my friend Thaís and asking if we’re going out that night and if we could meet up with them. We are really seeing the Kingdom on the streets. 
From Left to Right: Nic, Jonathan, Glaucia, Leila, Daniele, Brenda, Amanda, me :)

I had a picnic with one of the girls I met on the streets about a month or so ago and she brought her two little girls. Daniele is 23 years old and her little girls are 10 (Brenda) and 5 (Amanda). Nic, Jonathan, Glaucía, and myself all had the privilege to spend time with her on a gorgeous day at the Botanical Gardens. We brought Leila, Nic and Rachael’s 6 year old daughter, to play with Brenda and Amanda. Leila was a huge help and a great example of Jesus to them. Daniele opened up to us about how she wants to start college someday, but right now she needs to pay off some bills and wants to buy a house. She had some relationship questions, asking how “relationships” worked. Glaucía and I explained, more in depth, the love God has for us and how He only wants the best for us all. The day turned out to be a surreal moment. After dropping them off at their house, we still couldn’t believe what had just happened. We saw God move first hand on a prostitute’s heart and she’ll forever be changed. Daniele and I have a great relationship building and she can’t wait to hang out again. 
This past weekend Nic had dinner with another prostitute that he met about a year and a half ago. He’s been looking for her ever since and last week we found her. Dinner went really well and she plans to come over to our house on Wednesday to hang out. Also, last weekend, two transvestites came over to the house. There was coffee and cake then Nic played some music for them. We had a great weekend and looking forward to seeing what’s ahead.
My heart, once again, has forever been changed. The last few weeks God has broken my heart even more for what’s going on around me. I’m still processing all that He has done in and through my life. There’s this grace that He gives us all and I’m forever grateful. I’ve been seeking after His heart and in return He has shown me little pieces along the way, only because I can’t handle it all at once. His love for the prostitutes I talk to is no different than the love He has for me, my family or friends. His heart breaks for what they are going through, and He’s really been breaking my heart for what breaks His. I’m so blessed to be here and to be the one who is sharing His love to these guys and girls we meet. It upsets me how others treat them, but more than that, it breaks my heart they don’t feel like their worthy enough to be treated like a Prince or Princess. 
We will continue to hang out with our friends that we’ve met on the streets. If you would like to help by sponsoring a girl/guy for the evening, let me know. We will keep in contact with you and let you know the time and what we’ll be doing so that you can be praying at the time of the “date.” Or if you feel like God is pressing something else on your heart, don’t hesitate to email me, we’re always open to suggestions. 
Some really great news is........ WE MOVED INTO A HOUSE!! It’s gorgeous and on some land. It overlooks a beautiful valley with a lot of trees, and at night, there’s a perfect view of the stars :) Last week I bought a hammock for the porch. (I’ll update you on the times I spend out there later.) There are 20 Shores of Grace family members living at the house. Yes, its a little crazy at times, BUT we’ve had amazing time of worship already and we’re getting a little closer with time. 
USA family update: Please continue to pray for my family back home. It’s really hard to be away from them, and it’s worse when things come up that I can’t be around for. My Aunt Claudette just found out that she has a fractured hip and will have to have surgery soon. Please pray for her healing. She also found out that her cancer came back and it’s in more than one place. My parents are doing really well, just continue to pray for strength, they are really missing me. It seems like they are keeping busy though ;) Ben is getting ready to start a new job in Franklin County. It’s been said more than once that Pickaway is losing their best Sheriff ;) Bob and Kelly are great. My brother-in-law is in his busy season, but on the homestretch. My sister is busy teaching and missing her sister, of course ;) and my nieces are getting older and more beautiful everyday. I’m so jealous my mom went to visit them a couple weeks ago, now Ben leaves to go visit in a couple of weeks!! The cousins are everywhere around the world now it seems like, they’re all crazy, but good :) My aunts and uncles are doing well, and of course grandma and grandpa are trying their best to keep everyone happy :) I miss them ALL a lot, but August is almost here so I can go home for a visit!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the updates!!!! You bring a special feeling in my heart when I read you messages. Your mom is doing wonderful, she is a strong person!!

    Love Bunches!!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amber! i miss you and it's so great hearing from you! i'm so proud of my mom haha she's doing a lot better than i thought!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I am so upset that I didn't get to read this when you first posted. I talked with your mom the other night, and she told me about Claudette. You know that when she goes in those spots are going to be gone. WE HAVE to keep claiming that.

    Of course all of us in our house are missing you like crazy, and cannot wait to see your face.

    We love you our Becks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Pablo and can't wait to be at your house with your beautiful family ;) of course!! Aunt Claudette's surgery was a miracle and there will be more to come :)

    ReplyDelete