Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wedding BBQ

Often times when I walk into a situation, I think "what the heck am I doing??" Then God replies with, "you're following my foot prints daughter." Let me tell you how comforting it is to know that God is with me all the time, in every situation I'm in, big or small. With everything we're doing, we have to make sure we're ready for anything. By God's grace, He gives us the words to say in the midst of an awkward question, OR helps us in those tough situations when we think there's no way to go on. Thank you for the prayers!! 
God has such a sense of humor, I have a funny story to tell you. Sometimes working on the streets can be so awkward. One night, I was talking to my friend Clara. He's actually the first person I ever prayed for on the streets of Curitiba. Anyways, one night we were talking and he held out his hand to show me a ring that some guy had given him. Well, lost in translation, I reached out, grabbed his hand and kissed it. He looked at me weird then told my translator he was just showing me his ring. hahahahahahahaha. I felt so uncomfortable, but tried to play it off. Sometimes we have these humbling experiences ;)
So this past weekend, some of the Shores of Grace team and I were witnesses for Polina and Paulo's wedding. We ended up spending the entire day with them, ending it by having a brazilian cookout! A couple of the girls were able to talk to Polina and pray for her, she felt a lot better after their talk :) Also, during our time there, we prayed with a little boy who had broken his wrist and had a pin put in it. After praying he said all the pain left, and later one of our team members overheard him talking to his friends saying, "wow, the pain really left, it doesn't hurt anymore!" SO, thank you Jesus!! 
After everyone was done eating and they cut the cake, Nic sang a couple of worship songs, then said a couple of encouraging words to the bride and groom. They were deeply touched and said that their lives are forever changed. Please come in agreement with all of us and pray that Polina and Paulo will have enough strength to stay off the streets and keep their faith in God, that He will provide for all of their needs :)
Cassia was baptized last weekend too, it was a beautiful ceremony :) 
Tomorrow we will travel to São Paulo for a Jason Upton concert :) then Friday some of the Shores of Grace team is traveling about 6 hours away (in the opposite direction) for a conference. Yes, we're going to be traveling a lot, so keep us in your prayers!! 
Have an amazing weekend coming up :) 
God is so good and opening so many doors here for us in Brazil, if you would ever like to join us, just let me know :)


Fun fact: The Araucaria angustifolia (aka the Paraná pine OR Brazilian pine) is mainly found in the state Paraná, Brazil. Which is the state I live in. Its leaves are thick and stands at about 40m tall, it's beautiful!! 


Bless YOU and your family, with love,
Beck

3 comments:

  1. I asked what those trees were called and no one in the car could tell me (I think I was in Glaucia's car then) so thanks! It was an amazing time and I do come into agreement with you for Paulo and Polina!! And the many more who will come into relationship with Papa because Shores is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing a fantastic thing. keep safe. [with facebook it seems like you are just around the corner.] i don't want to take that for granted and keep remembering you are a gazillion miles away and in pretty serious conditions and circumstances. prayers and good thoughts,

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Peggi and Neal, thanks you so much for your support! and for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete