From the time we arrived at the airport in Nashville, until the time we pulled up at our home in Curitiba, we had so much favor and our travels couldn't have been more perfect. For those of you who didn't know, my parents drove me to Nashville to meet up with the Shores of Grace team. It was so nice to travel back down here with them. We were all going through so many emotions, but the happiness in our hearts (being here) trumped over the exhaustion of our travels. Since we've gotten back, we have gotten into the sing of things again. The Shores of Grace team and I could hardly wait to hit the streets to see our friends. Not even a week being here, we were able to love on some of them.
I hadn't seen one of my friends for awhile, we kept missing each other when I was here in May and June, however I got to see her this week. It was so great seeing her, she looks amazing and says her little girls are doing really good. When talking to our friends, there are times when we don't feel like holding back anything, and when I saw her I could tell it was going to be one of those nights. Nic (the founder of Shores of Grace) and I both looked straight into her eyes and told her how much we believed in her, and even more than us, the Lord does too. We continued to tell her how much she is loved by God and us, then told her she deserved better than working the streets. It's hard when we want freedom for our friends more than they want it for themselves right now, but we'll continue to love and pray until the day their freedom comes.
I am starting Portuguese classes soon and I'm so excited about it! Hopefully I'll catch on quickly, we can only hope and pray :)
Thank you to everyone who is supporting me financially and through prayer. God is really doing amazing things through us here in Brazil. Some of you know this already, but for those of you who do not know yet, I am extending my stay in Brazil for another year. I will come home for the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas), then return for the year 2012. God is leading the Shores of Grace team in a new direction. We are moving to Recife, Brazil to open a rescue house for children that have been in prostitution and abusive situations. We are all very excited about what's coming for Shores of Grace. We believe it's a lot bigger than what we could ever imagine. God is so good!
Please continue to pray for us while we're in our last months here in Curitiba; that God will raise up the people here to take over what we've started.
My heart will always miss my family while I'm away, so when you see one of them (for those of you who are around them), give'em all big hugs for me!!
Bless you and your family :)
xoxo,
Becky
hold on to that excitement girl you'll need it to push through the hard times. Prayers for you and all of Brazil.
ReplyDeleteLove you Mel!! Thanks girl!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you for going all out to serve the Lord and His children in Brazil. Thanks for the updates. My prayers are with you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Deb so much!! So blessed that God has chosen me for this :)
ReplyDelete