I thought I'd write it a little different this time, giving you a glimpse at how my life is here in Brazil. This isn't how everyday turns out, however this isn't the first time we've had a day like this. I don't want you to be discouraged or feel sorry by reading this one, I only want it to encourage you in another way to pray for both me and the Shores of Grace team.
This morning I woke up thinking I was going to spend an hour in my hammock with just me and Jesus, and with no distractions before starting my day. To my surprise, as I was walking down the stairs, Nic meets me there and says "we have to leave now, the combi (one of our vehicles) just broke down.... again." Without another word, in anxiety and frustration we drove in silence to pick up the people who were stranded on the side of the road. After picking them up, we ran the errands they were out doing, because the combi so kindly broke down before they got to them. After that, we headed home.
(In the meantime we were late for our lunch plans, that we were now running late for)
So we arrived back at our house, dropped off the people we had picked up, only to pile in the ones who were all going to lunch.
Driving, we listened to some worship, then prayed before arriving at our friend's house. We parked, walked in, had lunch, then got word that our car (that's parked out front), was hit. Oh by the way, we just got this car fixed and had a new side panel put on. Yup, the new side panel dented and our mirror broken (again). WHEW!
I just told my mom, these are the days I wish I was back home with my simple family life, then God reminds me of why I'm here..... He's doing things in our lives that are much bigger than we can even imagine.
I can only smile now, looking back on my day and thank God for not leaving our side once and for helping us overcome this October day.
Tonight we ended our day together, with worship and sharing our hearts. God is so great! Here, we are a family, all with different last names. We came together with heavy hearts and left with hearts knowing how loved we are by the family we're surrounded by.

Hey Rebecca, Jim here, Cathy is out with a friend having coffee. I'm here at home getting ready to do a few more hours of work so that the two days we are both taking off this week to get away will be more or less painless when I return to work. The 27th is Eric’s BD so we are slipping away to have some quite time together as we remember him and all the BDs we shared with him. As I read about your day, I reminisced about a few days I've had over the years that had some surprises in them. In most of these, there is a story of family, our brothers and sisters in Christ that made a difference in them, so much like yours. All in the space of a sunrise and sunset… God bless you, and can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeleteJim, it's really great hearing from you! I'm praying for you and Cathy. AND thank you for letting me know it's Eric's BD this week. I will do something extra special tomorrow on his BD, just for him and you guys. I think of him often and his smiling face, and every time I do, I can't help but smile and think about his hugs :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the encouraging words. Knowing I have you guys supporting me, helps me beyond any words I could ever express to you. I love you guys and can't wait to see you either!
Hi Becky, I'm thankful for your life and obedience to be Christ to a hurting world. I just watched a Lisa Ling special on child prostitution in the US. It is 6 blocks from the White House. I shouldn't be so surprised at the depravity of mankind (men who pay to have sex with children)....and yet I am. I praise God that you are being light in the darkness. I know His Light shines brightly through you. I know the Lord will continue to use you for His Glory and purposes. Love ya!, Deb Peters
ReplyDeleteAwe, thank you so much Debbie for the encouraging words. I know we shouldn't be surprised by it, but I still am sometimes too. The worst problem is ignoring it :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so blessed God chose me for this, and so blessed he has placed you in my life to be praying for me! Thanks for all you do Deb!! Love you!