Sunday, October 30, 2011

Friends, Conference, & Planning

I was honored to travel with Nic and go to Brasilia and Goiânia a couple weeks ago. We were able to hang out with great friends, attend some of the Global Awakening conference and had meetings with people to go over what the year 2012 holds for Shores of Grace. We accomplished a lot on our trip, which is always a great feeling :)
Friends:
As I mentioned, we saw a lot of our friends during this trip, some I hadn't seen in 2 years. I love how God brings great friends to surround and support you, all around the world. It didn't feel like 2 years had past, but after catching up, I can tell a lot has changed in all of our lives. For starters, I'm living in their country now, one is expecting (again), one of them got married, another is planning a wedding, jobs are improving, etc. So, it was awesome being with them. They love that I'm here, and love what God is doing through me in their country, so that in itself was encouraging.
Global:
It was great seeing friends from America come and enjoy their time where I'm living now. A guy that I went to GSSM with is now Randy's intern, so he came and we got to spend some time together. We talked about how crazy it is that God placed us at the same school, yet called us to completely different places, yet doing the same thing: bringing His kingdom to earth. No matter what way we do that, we're all in love and serving our Father :)
The conferences that we were able to attend was so powerful. Here's one of my favorite testimonies from the trip: Randy had a word of knowledge about a women named Maria. So, this lady (named Maria) comes up front and and God touches her. She was healed from breathing problems she was having, YAY God!! But even more than that, they talked with her after she was healed, and she was so thankful for her healing, but was so blown away that He knew her name. She experienced how much God loves her, He loves her so much, He even knows her by name. So cool!
Shores of Grace 2012:
In the month of January, the Shores team will be taking an intensive course with MCM (an organization who opens houses all over the world for children who have been in prostitution and abusive situations); 10 hours a day, 6 days a week! After the intensive course, from February to May we'll be in training at the same place. The fourth week of every month that we are there, we will be staying at a rescue house that is in the area. We are all looking forward to this time of learning.
In June 2012, our team will move to Recife, Brazil. We will be opening our first rescue house there, but feel like God will continue to bring others to team up with us and open more houses, whether that's here in Brazil OR anywhere else in the world :)


Well, have a wonderful week :) I pray that God touches your heart today with His love!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment