June has arrived and honestly, it snuck up on me!
Since I've been home I've been working at Cimi's Bistro at the Pinnacle Golf Club in Grove City. We're like a family there, so coming into my last week is difficult, because I don't want to leave them! We have so much fun at work. Since I've been home, we go on Cimi's family dinner dates, and they've been a blast!
My last day working at the Pinnacle will be Thursday, June 7th. That evening, one of our golf pros has asked to have a fundraiser for me. I'm so humbled by the support and willingness to help with what's so heavy on my heart; helping those who are in the sex industry escape and know there's something better for them, that they will come to know how much God loves them. He loves them right where they are and that their lives can forever be changed by His love.
Most of you know, I'll be heading back to Brazil on June 13th. I just found out a couple days ago, upon my arrival, we'll be starting our move towards the NE coast of Brazil.... RECIFE! It'll be a four day journey, driving :) I love road trips, I love Brazil, and I've missed and love the people I'm there with, so I can't wait! We still don't have housing in Recife, so please be praying with us that we'll find something quick and affordable.
I'll be in Brazil for 3-6 months depending on my visa. I'll be going into the country with a tourist visa, and at the end of the first 90 days, I'll be able to try and renew it for another 90 days.
Our goal is to have one of our rescue homes open by August 2012. So, I'll be jumping into work the second on land on Brazilian soil :) It's so exciting!!
Trips- Before going back, I was able to travel a bit here...
Chicago- My brother and I road tripped it over to our sisters house. We had an amazing time being with them. Our nieces are hilarious, and they get it from their parents. One night at dinner we all literally laughed the entire time, it was so much fun. Sometimes Ben and I joke about moving there to be closer to them, anythings possible :)
California- I was honored to be in my best friends wedding in Redding, California. I had such an amazing time spending time with her before the wedding day. Her husband is so wonderful and I love him dearly! I made so many connections being there, and I'm forever grateful for the lifelong friendships/relationships I've made :)
HOMEFRONT-
Aunt Claudette has been battling cancer for the past year. Please be praying for her pain to go away and that she'll have enough strength to get through chemo! She has it every week for two months.
Be blessed today!
Becky,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! I know God will continue to use you as you journey back to the land of your calling. I pray the peace and provision of the Lord heavily upon your life. God Bless, Deb